About

A mill has occupied the site on the River Sence for more than 700 years with the first records dating back to 1313. Due to part of the river being diverted through fields to create the mill race, the height of the water provided power even when the river fell low.

When other mills on the River Sence were unable to work during dry periods, the mill was always able to “help out” and quickly became known as Help Out Mill.